How To Derank in CSGO: A Controversial Topic
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) is an immensely popular first-person shooter game that has amassed a large community of dedicated players over the years. While many players strive to climb the competitive ranks and improve their skills, there exists a group of players who seek to derank intentionally. Deranking in CSGO refers to purposely losing matches in order to lower their rank or matchmaking rating (MMR). Although it may seem counterproductive, there are various motivations behind this peculiar practice. In this blog post, we will explore the reasons why some players choose to derank and discuss the methods they employ to achieve their goal.
Why Do Players Want to Derank?
1. Team Up with Friends: Some players may have friends who are relatively new to the game or have lower skill levels. By deranking, they aim to bring their ranking closer to their friends, so they can play together without causing an imbalanced matchmaking experience. This provides an opportunity for camaraderie and helps foster a friendly gaming environment.
2. Reduced Pressure: Climbing up the ranks in CSGO can be stressful, as players face tougher opponents with higher expectations. Deranking can be a way for players to escape the pressure and enjoy the game casually without feeling the burden of constantly performing at a high level.
3. Reinventing Strategies: Some players may have hit a plateau in their rank, finding it difficult to improve. By deranking, they can experiment with new strategies, techniques, and weapon loadouts on opponents who may be less skilled. This allows them to explore different playstyles and potentially discover effective tactics that they can later implement at higher ranks.
How to Derank in CSGO?
If you still find yourself intrigued by the concept of deranking and feel it aligns with your gaming objectives, it’s important to note that intentionally losing matches goes against fair play principles and may be viewed as unsportsmanlike conduct. That being said, I’m going to briefly outline some methods players have used to derank in CSGO:
1. Inefficient Communication: One way to hinder your team’s performance is by purposefully providing misinformation or avoiding effective communication. This can lead to disorganization and confusion during matches, ultimately increasing the likelihood of losing.
2. Playing Solo: Solo queueing, rather than teaming up with friends or utilizing in-game communication, can increase the unpredictability factor and reduce the chances of having strong teamwork, resulting in less coordinated gameplay and potentially more losses.
3. Experimenting with New Strategies: Deliberately trying new, untested strategies or playing with weapons you are unfamiliar with can significantly impact your gameplay, leading to a decline in performance and ultimately a higher probability of defeat.
Although the act of intentionally deranking may seem intriguing or serve certain gaming objectives, it is crucial to remember that fair play is important in fostering a healthy gaming community. It is recommended to focus on personal growth, improving skills, and engaging in competitive matches with integrity. Ultimately, maximizing your potential and achieving higher ranks can provide a more fulfilling and rewarding CSGO experience.